1. Deze website gebruikt cookies. Door deze website verder te gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met ons gebruik van cookies. Leer Meer.

[Multi] Destiny

Discussie in 'Games' gestart door DulleNL, 13 feb 2013.

?

Naar welke nieuwe subclass kijk jij het meeste uit?

1. Sunbreaker

42,2%
  2. Nightstalker

26,7%
  3. Stormcaller

31,1%
  1. Ic3DFire

Ic3DFire Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Wat dacht je zelf? :+

2. thiez

thiez Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    ammo!!

3. Graveheart

Graveheart Groovy XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Helm of Saint 14, P&T, Heavy Ammo synth.
    Verwacht / hoop niet op een Horn.

4. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    This week at Bungie, we gave our front page a facelift.
    Like what we’ve done with the place? It’s another step in our effort to show off more of the amazing things you’re doing in Destiny. You complete us. Don’t worry. I’m not going to prattle on about Bungie.net for seven paragraphs. We know you have heavier concerns that need to be addressed.
    Let’s get down to some super serious business.

Heavy Ammo Inbound

Before I ran away from home to join Cirque de Bungie, I was a huge fan of the way the team shot people out of cannons. For me, it was always fascinating to pull the curtain back a little bit and look in on the world where games get made. If you’re reading this, I hope you agree.
    I still remember the time, long ago during the age of another game, when one of them posted “I just fixed a ten-year-old bug,” on a social network. I was shocked to learn that there were bugs buried so deep in the code that they could take a decade to squash – and that there were developers tenacious enough to hunt them for that long. That developer was Jon Cable.
    These days, Jon works on Destiny as a Sandbox Engineer. The fancy title means he’s one smart guy on a team of smart people who create the code that makes your armor and guns work. They still hunt bugs where they live, no matter how deep, or for how long, they’ve burrowed into the code.
    [​IMG]
    Hypothetical Aside: You love Heavy Weapons. The purple glow of ammunition is a promise of future enemy annihilation by way of your favorite Rocket Launcher or (even better) belt-fed Machine Gun. You buy it in bulk when you visit the Gunsmith. To get the most bang from your space bucks, you equip armor that lets you carry more of the stuff. Unfortunately it turns out that those deep pockets have metaphorical holes in them.
    Thus, you tend to lose your coveted ammunition when one of the following happens in a PVE activity:
    • You die
    • You return to orbit
    • You encounter a cutscene
    If you’ve spent any time reading about Destiny on a forum where Guardians congregate, you know this is far from hypothetical. It happens to us all. It makes Raids harder to clear. It deprives you of precious Glimmer, and patience. Frankly, it sucks.
    For some time now, we’ve been tracking this one. To date, the best we’ve been able to do is to admit that we were aware of the issue. This week, we can give you some additional information.
    Did we mention that Sandbox Engineer Jon Cable loves to hunt the really big bugs? He’s working on a fix that we hope to deploy before the end of February. While we test his work and prep it for deployment, he wanted to say a few words about what he (along with his team) has been wrestling with behind the scenes.

Jon
    : The basic flaw here is an ordering problem. Our inventory system creates your weapons when your characters spawn. When that happens, it tries to restore the same fraction of ammo that you had when you died. The bug occurred because the weapon is created before capacity modifiers from armor perks are applied, so the persisted fraction yields fewer rounds.
    Way over my head! Sounds like you’ve identified the issue, though. Any word on why it’s taking so long to resolve?

Jon
    : Fixing bugs in a live game is always about managing risk. What are the chances that the fix is going to cause an issue that might be worse than the original bug? Players outnumber our testers by factors of several thousand, so if there is a problem that slips through the cracks, it is virtually guaranteed that the community will find it. This bug was mainly risky because it was at the intersection of a lot of different systems – player profiles, investment, sandbox, perks, and weapon management.
    Would it be simpler and faster to just fix the affected perk?
    Jon: There are a lot of weapon and armor perks in the game. Changing the order of how they are applied has a huge impact. It would have required a large restructuring of the way the game works to even accomplish this, because the armor perks can’t take effect until the weapon is created anyway. The application of armor perks would have to be inserted in between weapon creation and the rest of the weapon setup code.
    So, what’s the ultimate solution?
    Jon: In the end, I came up with a surgical change that fixes the main issue and minimizes the chances that a new problem would be introduced. I do not think I can overstate the complexity of these systems – it took me several tries to come up with a fix that did not cause other problems.
    Fixing bugs can be tricky business. Promising and dating fixes can be just as challenging. For this particular bug, we’ll be sure to update you once the new math is on the way to your box. Until then, if you catch a distraught Guardian lamenting their lost rounds, please point them to this conversation.
    Hard Mode is Hard
    Last week was exciting. You Raided. Hard. We watched. Well, we Raided, too, and hard, but we have the advantage of having built the thing. That doesn’t mean that you can’t teach us a thing or two.
    In our conversations about what we learned and how we’ll evolve our practices in the future, a few of you came up in conversation. Check out these tactical highlights. You might gain some pointers on how to survive, or just marvel (as we did) at the ingenuity that’s always on display in the Destiny Community.​

5. Maddmonkey

Maddmonkey Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Lijkt erop dat eind februari er een update komt met iig de heavy ammo loss bug'

Edit: Goddamn, what was I thinking? Hybrid de nieuwsbericht bot is mij natuurlijk al voor

6. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Hij was al 10 min live zelfs. Zo snel was ik dus niet. :p

7. Rampage

Rampage Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dit tekende iemand op Reddit... Hij dacht toen aan mensen die hard "Swordbear(er)" roepen;

[​IMG]

Iemand anders maakte er dit van;

[​IMG]

Met als opmerking: "Aaaah! Now I recognize him!"...

Geniaal soms die mensen daar.

Jammer van die Weekly maar wel fijn dat ze aan die update werken voor Heavy ammo

8. Rampage

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dragons Breath, geen heavy Ammo... Kom op Bungie, stop is met die idiote DLC wapen Exotics?

[​IMG]

9. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Geeneens heavy ammo..
    Hij heeft wel Dont touch me. Is wel een must buy als je hem nog niet hebt. Rest is hetzelfde en meh.
    Ga helemaal niks kopen deze week. Zal niet weten wat.

Ic3DFire vindt dit leuk.
  10. Raafie

Raafie GT: Raafie

Leuk Bevonden:
    Yes, don't touch me. Wel een kut stat roll volgensmij. En geen heavy ammo, lekker dan.

11. Sake1989

Sake1989 Relax

Leuk Bevonden:
    Echt weer die fucking lupi upgrade en niet de armamentarium... Kut klote rng, kan in ieder geval IB en SGA upgraden...

12. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dus. Ik denk haal toch maar even een gauntlet engram. Bam Ruin Wings. :p
    Nu heb ik voor me nog niet Titan. Armamenterium. helm of saint 14 and Ruin Wings.

Rampage en Graveheart vinden dit leuk.
  13. Graveheart

Graveheart Groovy XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Net de exotic voor de hunter maar gepakt.
    Straks die Engram maar proberen voor de Ruin Wings.

14. Maddmonkey

Maddmonkey Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Pff. Xurios de gekste. Disappoitment all over again.

15. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Die van mij is ook niet zo hoog. 97 dacht ik.

16. Rienbu

Rienbu Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Vraagje;

Mijn IceBreaker is maxxed out.. Heb ik dan nog iets aan de upgrade die Xur verkoopt?

17. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Niet als je Icebreaker al max 331 heeft.

18. Rampage

Leuk Bevonden:
    Die Xur kunnen ze beter Troll noemen... Dat word dus glimmer farmen als een idioot om weer wat heavy ammo bij elkaar te schrapen... Heb onderhand heel de Cabal populatie al uitgeroeid

19. AnubisNefer

AnubisNefer Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Heb nog 84 pakketjes, dus voorlopig genoeg.

Crota heb ik ook maar Max 5 pakketjes nodig, dus ik zit wel gebakken....

20. Raafie

Raafie GT: Raafie

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dat valt nog mee, deze zijn 82.. Misschien eerst maar een engram kopen bij Xur, je weet maar nooit of daar dan die gloves uitkomen.

Deel Deze Pagina